Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Capital H

Chapter 8

Work, damn



I had awoken and the first thing on my mind was work, damn. That was some serious grunt work there. But good pay, it was ok… kind of. I wondered whether I could fly to work every day instead of taking the bus. I loved flying, it’s exhilarating. That one dive had been the most exciting moment in my life. The fact that I could do it again without dying is really cool. Didn’t you wish that you could just fly right out of work or school? Well I could, not that it would be a very good idea, lots of screaming… well I finally got to work and it was the same as it was before. Except now the admin wasn’t smiling or waving or anything. It was boring. I went down to my workstation and started working on my vests made of the weird green scales. When the day was done I had taken 4 or 5 of the little scales and put them in a hole in my jacket. They were safe there for now while I finish my job. So after my shift was over I went home and put the scales into my desk drawer. I went to my bed and got a good night’s sleep.

I woke up the next morning, got out of bed, went to eat some toaster stroodles, then I thought of what happened yesterday. I sprinted back into my room and checked my jacket, and sure enough there were the 5 scales I had put here yesterday. I had thought it was a dream. Well to bad. So I went from my house to the place the shifters said to meet at yesterday, they were all wearing there morphing outfits. You see, we can’t morph bulky or loose clothing like jackets or shoes. So they were wearing skintight clothes like way-too-small-shirts, leotards, and bike shorts, they looked kind of ridiculous. But I didn’t talk about that, there was a reason I was there. I had these scales, so I said, “hey guys you won’t believe what they’re making in Capital H.” “What are they making” Jake asked. “Vests, there making super strong vests for some reason” I said, “I could figure it out later. You know it’s not easy to squeeze answers out of someone that doesn’t give a dam about you or any of the other workers. It’s kind of annoying to be a worker you know? I want to be promoted.” “Are you crazy Bender?!” Kathy screamed, ”The promoted members get infested, oh my god. I thought we told you this. If the Yeerk gets inside your head and gets away, it will be over. The shifters will be over, they will know our secrets, our weaknesses, our strengths, where we live, they will know where our families are. I can’t let you do that.”

To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment